Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thing 6: Flickr Mashups (a.k.a. The Ultimatum)

I awoke this morning to find this lying on my pillow, covered in cat hair:


"Remove the interloper and no one will get hurt."

This sordid little ultimatum obviously comes from Kiki, our resident cat, whose turf has been invaded by the newcomer.  Clearly she is having a mental breakdown.  That, or it's just her regular, run-of-the-mill demonic possession flaring up again.  It's hard to say.

Here's how I think she did it:

After I went to bed last night, Kiki snuck into the front room, set up the laptop, and accessed the Internet.  She went to the neflins23things blog and read about Flickr mashups.

Then she went to Erik Kastner's Spell with Flickr site and created her doom-filled message.  In the old days she would have used scissors, magazine clippings, and paste instead of just resizing the window, taking a screenshot, and printing it out on the all-in-one machine.

I know she used our laptop to do it because I found her telltale screenshot floating ominously on the desktop when I logged on this morning.

I've uploaded it to my blog so that others can view the evidence for themselves.  Things have gotten ugly around here.  Pray for me.  Pray for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment